Summer has come in with the fun, no school and of course the 90 degree weather. I swore that my dog was melting a few days ago. Needless to say I have her some ice water and she was okay.
Well what about us humans, sometimes pools and ice water just doesn't do it for us! Everyone LOVES chocolate (unless you are allergic and then I am terribly sorry for your loss on a small piece of Heaven!) Well for a perfect party dish or simply just to have on those cold summer days. Have no fear French Silk Pie is here!!!
Here is what you will need!
1 sheet refrigerated roll out pie crust
2/3 cup sugar
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
Whipped cream and chocolate curls, (Optional but always wanted!)
Cut pastry sheet in half. Repackage and refrigerate one half for another use. On a lightly floured surface, roll out remaining half into an 8-in. circle. Transfer to a 7-in. pie plate; flute edges.
- Line shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 4 minutes. Remove foil; bake 2 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and eggs until well blended. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat. Stir in chocolate and vanilla until smooth. Cool to lukewarm (90°), stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add cooled chocolate mixture; beat on high speed for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- In another large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into crust. Chill for at least 6 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
This Sweet Treat will serve about four people but will most likely be gone in about an hour if your on your own! So there you have it! Something sweet, something cold and something that the whole family will LOVE!
Now lets go ha e some fun in the sun! (Ice tea Optional!)